Wednesday, February 22, 2017

2/22/2017 Blog #17

Hi,
this week I worked on figuring out what the Solar Team needed from us in terms of aluminum material and the support their solar panel mounts would need. It is critical to understand their position because if we focus solely on our team, when the time comes, the entire project would not come together smoothly. I also did research on how to FEA a 70% in-fill PLA object but the results were fruitless. All I could find was a chart on the how strong it is. But just knowing the strength is not enough because I also would need density and other properties to plug into SolidWorks to obtain a logical representation of the stresses and strains.
This next week, I will be working on drafting some designs for the support structure necessary to fulfill Solar Team's needs but also fitting our own parameters (e.g. easy (dis)assembly, low material/cost, etc.). I will also be working on the presentation this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment