Tuesday, November 8, 2016

11/9/2016 Blog #10

Hi,
this week I focused on turning all SolidWorks parts into drawings and pdfs for the sake of organization, submitting to companies to request for quotes, and uploading to Google Drive for other teams to stay updated. Two of the fifteen drawings I finished this week are shown below. I was also responsible for getting a quote from Kearny Foundry; we should have a quote by next week just in time for the Bill of Materials deadline. We are slightly behind in terms of getting a quote because they had a ton of questions and since it was my first time asking for a quote, my e-mail was not extensive enough and I have been e-mailing Kearny for several weeks as a result. I have also been talking to Kevin from the 12th scale Track Manufacturing team about their process of creating a tool to bend aluminum and his team has been making great progress. We might just be able to manufacture all of the stuff in-house if the dimensions remain consistent.

Franklin Kha

No comments:

Post a Comment